Friday, May 11, 2007

My first MVA

6 months old and I've already been in my first car accident. Last night me, mom and grandma had to drive nana to Bellingham cuz she's going to Arizona for a couple weeks. On the way home we stopped in at dad's house to say hi then headed back to Canada. Just past #3 Road my grandma hit a huge object in the middle of the highway. There was no way of avoiding it. After she gained control of the car we went to the side of the road and my mom noticed that half the bumper was gone and the radiator was smashed and pushed into the engine so we couldn't drive the car. At one point the radiator started smoking and grandma made me get out of the car to be safe. It sure was cold outside but after the smoke went away I was aloud back in the car. Grandma called 911 and eventually the cops showed up to check it all out. They never found what we hit and there were like 4 other cars that hit something also but we were the only ones with major damage so we had to get the car towed. After sitting there on the side of the road for like an hour grandpa came and drove me and mom home while the cops drove Uncle Kev and grandma to Tim Hortons and grandpa picked them up there. I was a very good girl through the whole thing and slept through most of the waiting time. Thankfully no one was hurt and we will all be fine!!

Anyways here are some pictures of me and my mom yesterday afternoon



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, scary stuff!! It must be that time of year for accidents...my friend just got in one last weekend with her 1 month old girl in the car with her! knock on wood for Liam and I!! Glad to hear everyone was okay! I wonder what the object was...what a mystery!

Anonymous said...

omg! freaky! makes me all the more cautious driving the highway every night. DAng, you know now that I think of it I might of passed it last night on the way home! was it around 10pm?? Im so glad everyone is ok!